Hi all,
As part of my service portfolio, I've recently taken on the JML process for our Atlassian environment.
I noticed its a bit of a mess, and coming from an AD background, I decided to clean the hell out of it, and create some logical groupings.
so i have a load of new groups I have created (examples below);
og-internal-xxx
sg-jira-systemadmin
etc
I want to put the SG's in, and wipe out the old groups. However, when I am in certain bits, there are things that lead me to believe that the default goups are somehow hard coded in the background.
See these screenshots
Global permissions

Project Roles

Odd reference to a group that I am no longer using

nowhere is the group service-desk-agents referenced but it still shows in the red text box in the image above.
Is this the case? Are there unchangeable defaults? Is there a way to change them?
Seems very limited to not allow me to change stuff so that its organised in a more logical way.
I want to delete all the old config, but I wont be able to unless I am clear that I am not going to break any of it.