We are tring to understand the behaviour of KANBAN board of JIRA.We have one use case to restrict addition of issue in kanban column if it exists the max value means if the max number of issue allowd in kanban board cloumn is 2 than user will not be able to add the issue more than 2.Currently user is able to add the issue more than allowed max value.Now color of cloumn is changing based on max and min value but we want to restrict the addition of issue.Is there any to to restrict it from workflow transition.
@Ravi Kumar, I have moved this question out of SPAM and will investigate the cause. It appears your posts are indeed going to spam.
Regarding your question, it has been awhile since I have used constraints on Kanban and doing a quick read of the documentation tells me that these are 'soft' constraints. That is, they do not prevent but rather only alert. So it requires manual intervention. I do not know of anyway to prevent.
deleted erronous reply
Thanks for reply. so you mean to say there is no way we can restrict this.
correct. there may be some plugin or you could do by writing some code around this feature. However, I suggest that if you are using a board you should have an owner and their job is to monitor. In most use cases you don't want to prevent work from progressing but you want to be aware of potential overloading.
Were you able to find a solution? My organization is looking to do the same thing.
No Travis. I thought of using some rest apis but could't find any apis to do that.
Still no way to do it? Even in 2019 we can't limit number of issues in the column?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.