I had for 3-4 years a JIRA Software in my own server, with a starter license (10 licenses). During this 3-4 years, we have had people going in and going out in the company, and, althought, we have had never more than 10 active users (in fact, it is not possible to have more than 10 active users wioth starter license), we have more than 10 users in our JIRA, and some of them are unactive.
Now, I'm interestd in increaseing the number of licenses, becasue I need more than 10 people working with JIRA. And, I have realized that I don't need features of JIRA Software, and I can deal simply with features of JIRA Core. So, I have to decided to buy a starter license of JIRA Core, which includes 10 licenses more.
I have bough the starter license and have "activated" it by pasting the SEN in my server.
Then, coming back to users, I have re-activate some old user, in order to check if it works fine, or not. But, when doing it, a warning is shown:
We couldn't change application access
You have no JIRA Software licenses remaining. Manage existing users or upgrade your tier.
I have seen, also, the next points:
- In Adminsitration->"User management"->"Groups screen", some of the groups I have set up show "Multi-app-access" icons.
- In Administration->Applications->"Version & Licenses", I see 10 users of 10 available JIRA Software users are used, and 9 users of 10 avaliable users for JIRA Core are used.
- In Administration->Applications->"Application access", I see similar information about users usage, but I see also a list of the shared groups in both applications.
So, I'm interesting in knowing which options may I have enabled that belong clearly to JIRA Software and are avoiding to assing JIRA Core license to the users.
PD: I don't know if this question has sense o not :S