I am a Jira admin, and the option Indexing just isn't there. I also don't have an Actions option in Project Settings to reindex just a project. How do I re-index??
You are probably not a JIRA system administrator
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/managing-global-permissions-720412521.html?
Thank you for your reply!
JIRA, by default, only grants the user account created during the JIRA Setup Wizard with the JIRA System Administrators global permission, and that person has to add the rest of us Admins specifically to JIRA System Administrators.
Odd. I thought that the wizard created one group jira-administrators, added the newly created internal user to that group, and then set Global Permissions to use jira-administrators for both JIRA System Administrators and JIRA Administrators permissions. At least in JIRA 7.2
I am definitely an administrator , but cannot locate the re-index function in the new interface of Jira - Cloud.
Has anyone been able to locate that functionality?
Rant warning: I am finding it difficult to do a lot of standard things in that interface and when something like this comes along, done only rarely - I spend a lot of time chasing it. This is a big time waster for me.
I’m using the cloud and made some changes to a field and now it’s not Alfa sorting on the dashboard, any suggestions on how to fix a field drop down that you changed the descriptions to make sure when you pull the field in a dashboard they resort by Alfa order again? I thought reindex but I’m finding anything on the cloud service options.
Cloud does not need human-triggered re-indexing, it will be done automatically in the background later.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.