With the upcoming changes to the cloud pricing to be per user, this question has become even more important which is:
How do you change a user with JIRA access to now only be a customer? i.e. portal only access.
The cloud instance I'm currently working on has a number of users who no longer need access to JIRA projects as they only need to use the service desk portal to create and manage their requests.
I've tried a lot of different ways but essentially it appears that the only way a user can now have portal only access if they were an existing JIRA user with JIRA access etc (after the portal only checkbox has been removed) is to leave them as a user but remove all their groups. As noted above though, that means that we would end up paying for a user license for someone who should now be a customer only due to internal restructure.
(If I deactivate the user, it will not them log in as a customer only because the email address is already in use and the user has been deactivated.)
Anyone else can think of another way? Or is it going to be a feature request/fug to JSD as I suspect?
Thanks