Hi all,
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I can't seem to find anything which covers what I need (may be my inexperience around terminolgy and process).
I am currently testing jira service desk and need to know how best to accomplish the following -
I need to be able to direct a request at a certain group of agents and make it as easy as possible for agents to manage this without having to fish through all the other requests belonging to different teams.
I also need it to be so that customers dont have to search between multiple projects in the portal to find the request they but think a few may be needed categorised like - IT, Customer Services and HR as per the organisational example below.
We have teh following -
- Internal customer facing teams who will deal with requests, incidents, etc. and also raise changes i.e. Service Desk and Desktop Support
- Internal non customer facing teams who deal with requests (and raise changes) from IT departments i.e. development, linux to network support
- Internal customer facing teams who only deal with requests i.e. HR & customer service
- Non-customer facing teams like development who should be able to raise their own changes mainly deal with changes, etc.
The portal ideally needs to show customer facing requests to all customers i.e. help with software, setup an account, etc. some requests need to be specific only to the team who onwn them - so they can raise work themselves and other requests will be visible to certain teams but not others i.e. the linux team might make a request available to only the development team.
I am looking for the best way of structuring the projects and if it makes any difference ideally these agents can be assigned via security groups pulled through AD.
Coming from a system with teams I am used to agents being able to see their own team dashboard showing several filtered panes like queues and a main list with all issues/requests relevant to their team with search filters.
I'm fairly new to this so any guidance or pointers are much appreciated.
Thanks in advance