We are using cloud JIRA / Confluence and are evaluating JIRA Service Desk for our client facing portal. I would like to leverage the knowlege base capabilities without exposing our internal Confluence assets, so I am thinking the safest way to do this is to establish a new instance for client facing, and link issues back to our internal JIRA instance. I've read several things which suggest this is possible, but am a little lost on where / how to start. I will have a group of internal users that will need to access & manage issues across both instances and would like to do this in as streamlined a manner as possible. Can someone provide me some pointers?
- Establish a separate JIRA cloud instance for JIRA Service Desk and Confluence KB space ONLY
- Link issues fro JIRA Service Desk with issues in projects that reside in our current, internal only JIRA instace
- Keep the linked issues in sync to minimize the internal user need to traverse 2 instances so only Service Desk Agents will access the separate instance
- Ideally combine JIRA data across the 2 instances for dashboards / reporting, if possible
Thank you in advance for help!