We have recently changed our login directory from one domain to another and want to change the Admin group with the "Special permissions" and admin access everywhere to a group in our new login domain but I can't figure out how this is done.
Thanks
I am assuming you are referring to LDAP? As long as whatever group your admins are in, are also members of confluence-admins, you are good to go.
Thanks for the reply. confluence-admins is on a different LDAP domain, the one we're trying to decommission.
Hi Miles,
you configure the basic Jira-admin permissions here:
http://<your-jira-url>/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa
There you can add the admin permissions to new groups. But be careful to not lose your own admin permission by doing this!
If you want to use LDAP groups to set permissions that works fine but please include a group called confluence-administrators in the LDAP directory you migrate to. If you cannot get that group created in LDAP, consider making your LDAP user directory "read-only with local groups" so you can add your admins to the confluence-adminstrators group in the Confluence Internal directory. This article explains in more detail: Confluence Admin Permission Levels Explained
"The confluence-administrators group defines a set of "super users" who can access the Administration Console and perform site-wide administration. Members of this group can also see the content of all pages and spaces in the Confluence instance, regardless of space permissions."
So I can't specify a different group to give the "super user" access to, it has to be called confluence-admins? Any particular reason for the limitation?
If I were to have 2 groups in different LDAP directories both called confluence-admins, how would Confluence handle it?
Yes, that was what I was trying to say. There are two manadatory groups assigments for Confluence: confluence-admins and confluence-users. You cannot rename them. I figured this out the hard way.
It just seems so unneccessarily limiting. This doesn't apply in JIRA.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.