what is difference between software or Business in jira?
Dear Uday,
Basically all the project types are the same EXCEPT for the associated workflow/workflow schemes and corresponding default issue types.
The reason they are different is to help you determine which workflow/issue types you should start to use depending on use case (hence the names: Simple Issue Tracking, Software Development, etc). Not all users of JIRA use it for bug tracking, thus why there are more than one.
Friendly Regards,
Jeremy Mooiman
Prepend
not really, business projects have also some different features, as I realized... for example color scheme, different project board with some different functions like forms etc.
There literally shouldn't be a difference. There's nothing in either project type that shouldn't also be in the other project type. It's super random.
Big agree, I don't know why JIRA has to be so confusing.
And I'm finding very difficult to have a clear list of all this differences, even after paying for the Jira administrator learning pathway. I'm setting up Jira at my new job, and all the little nuances between business and software keep throwing me curved balls. For example, forms are only available on business, you can only configure the board and have multiple workflows in one board in Software, and so it goes.
All this things should be black and white and listed somewhere to guide users on selecting the best platform. Or is there something out there and I just haven't found it?
Hi Mateus, haven´t found it neither, but one of our customers prepared pretty nice table of comparison for his purposes and I shared it here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/comparison-of-features-of-Software-project-and-Business-project/m-p/2083571#M18234 so take a look.
I think I may have found one difference, but I am not sure. Can I create a form in the software version? It seems like it is only part a business project.
Recently, I learned that we cannot create Forms and Summary options that are only present in JIRA Business. JIRA Business does not support having multiple boards to track Projects and Issues/Tickets separately—all of them will fall into the same board. JIRA Software supports having multiple boards to track Projects and Issues/Tickets separately, but it does not have Forms or a Summary. JIRA should club them into ONE and give everyone access to Forms and Summary, which are needed on any board.
Jira Software and Jira Business (also known as Jira Work Management) serve different purposes and come with distinct features tailored to their target users.
Jira Software is designed for software development teams. It includes functionalities like multiple boards for tracking different projects and issues, advanced workflow customization, and a "Releases" option for managing software versions. It's tailored to the software development lifecycle with features like sprint planning and backlog prioritization.
Jira Business (Jira Work Management) targets business teams and includes features such as Forms and Summary options, which are not available in Jira Software. These forms are useful for collecting data and tracking non-software-related tasks. However, Jira Business typically does not support having multiple boards for different projects and issues; all tasks fall under the same board.
Understanding these differences can be crucial for effectively managing your projects and ensuring you use the right tool for the job. In a similar vein, knowing when to mind your own business can help maintain focus and mental well-being. Minding your own business means knowing when to step back from others' personal dramas, thus protecting your mental health and earning respect from peers. For effective strategies on how to do this, check out the article "Minding Your Own Business: Effective Strategies to Keep to Yourself."
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.