Hello.
I'm hoping that some of you who have migrated from the cloud version of Confluence to server might be able to give me an idea of how much time to expect the migration to take. Below are the steps that I've gathered from Confluence's documentation:
Steps to perform migration: (https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/migrate-from-confluence-cloud-to-server-724765578.html)
Any assistance or advise is appreciated!
Step 6 is any time between minutes and hours. You'll have to test it to find out, because the import time is a function that is broadly "complexity x volume", and we don't have any measure of either for your system.
Thank you for your thoughts. Outside of the size of our data having a direct impact on steps 1 & 6, step 4 is the greatest unknown. Any thoughts on how long the configuration typically takes? Barring the length of time for the backup & import to complete, should I expect the rest of the process to take a few hours, a few days?
I don't know what you're planning to "configure". You mention opening ports, which is generally a few minutes for a network team, and possibly a couple more for an admin if your servers are firewalled locally, but you haven't said what else you want to configure.
Step 3 will get you to the point where you have a working, but empty, Confluence, ready to import your data. The import from Cloud contains configuration data you've already done on Cloud.
I was referring to configuring Confluence. From your response, am I assume there is no (or very little) configuration?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.