Hello,
I have to merge a smaller Jira Software Server instance into a bigger one.
I read a lot of blog posts about it and the process is now clear for me.
However there are projects in the smaller instance, which use the same project key as project in the bigger instance?
To add to the complexity both instances are linked with Confluence servers, which need to be merged too.
In which system is better to change the project key - the source (before merging) or the target (again before merging)?
Let's imagine that the project key is ABC and we have issue ABC-1 in both instances.
If I change the key in the source instance to DEF, then the issue ABC-1 will be accessible by two issue keys - DEF-1 and ABC-1.
OK, but now if I move project DEF to the other instance and search for issue ABC-1, which issue will be returned - DEF-1 or ABC-1 from the target instance?
I am trying to anticipate all problems with incoming links that will arise after the merge