I am a JIRA admin on a system running JIRA 7.3.0 and attempted to update the base URL, by going to Admin -> System -> General Config -> Base URL, then updating with a new value which is not taking affect.
I see the expected URL when running the query
select propertyvalue from propertyentry PE
join propertystring PS on PE.id=PS.id
where PE.property_key = 'jira.baseurl';
I am seeing multiple broken image URLs and on the home page I am getting the message at the bottom of the screen saying
"Dashboard Diagnostics: Mismatched URL Hostname
JIRA is reporting that it is running on the hostname 'jira.qa.bar.com', which does not match the hostname used to run these diagnostics, 'jira-qa.foo.com'. This is known to cause JIRA to construct URLs using the incorrect hostname, which will result in errors in the dashboard, among other issues."
JIRA has been reindexed and restarted just to see if there is a gremlin in the works. What am I missing here.