I'm running a trial of Confluence Server.
I tried to add user groups and users, but there are no Add buttons. Is this expected in the Trial version? What other limitations should I expect?
Thanks!
There are no restrictions on trials, the software is identical - they just expire and (mostly) stop working.
If you have no options on maintaining users, that suggests you might have connected it to an external user directory?
Thanks for the quick reply.
I did try to connect to our Active Directory, but removed that connection after reading your reply. No change: no [Add] buttons for users or groups! Also tried restarting the Confluence service after removing the directory connection.
Any other ideas?
--Bob
I have seen that behavior when the "External user management" box is checked in Administration>Security Configuration.
Yes, good call! That flag can be set when you have an external directory enabled, then if you remove the directory, the flag can remain set, disabling the internal options!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.