I would like to create a blog button on a page.
Also, I don't how to use the components on the following website: https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/buttons.html
Where I can enter the html code???
Best regards
Fiyyaz
Hi Fiyyaz - you haven't said which product this relates to, so it's difficult for people to help you.
Are you asking about Confluence or JIRA or something else?
Where exactly do you want to put the button to show?
What do you want to happen when people click it?
Hi Sam,
I am using Confluence. I would like to put the button on the Confluence pages. The button should create a new blog post.
I don't want to click always on "create" on the menue bar. Is there any solution for this problem?
Best regard
It you have Confluence server, you could create a user macro for this.
Then you can add your macro to any page you want.
This is a what you can put in the 'template' field when creating the macro:
## @param space:title=Space|type=spacekey <a href="/pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=$paramspace" class="aui-button"><span>Create Blog Post</span></a>
Adapted from: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-add-a-Create-Blog-button-to-a-page/qaq-p/148683
thanks a lot. It works
For Confluence users on cloud who cannot add custom macros, I have found a workaround.
If you use the "Blog Posts" macro with a query that returns no blog posts, Confuence will display generic copy and a "Create blog post" button that allows the user to create a new blog post.
To create a query that returns no blog post, you can restrict the blog posts to a label that exists (if you make up a label that no other page uses, you'll get an error) but is not used on any blog post entry.
Thank you, Laure. This is a useful workaround!
This no longer seems to work
Is there anyway to create the Blog Post button for Confluence Cloud?
I don't have persmissions to create user macros and the result of adding the "Blog Posts" macro with an unused label was too big, so I found a third solution: a web link.
Before you add it you have to know the spacekey for your Confluence space and this can be found by looking at the page source. In most browsers this can be opened by right clicking on a page inside your space and choose "View page source" or something similar. Then you just search for "spacekey" and will most likely find something like this:
<a href="/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=TSPM&fromPageId=150297126&src=quick-create"
Remember that spacekey (TSPM in the example above) and follow these steps:
/pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=
Voilá!
Nice workaround!. Just used it on Confluence Server v7.4, and it did the trick!
Hi Jen, did you try to insert a Link instead of a button? That worked fine for me in the Confluence Cloud. There is also a way for the button but it requires some HTML Editor like this Source Editor for Confluence.
This appears to no longer work? Seems so weird that I'm having to find some weird workaround to make a simple link to add a new blog post? To clarify, I'm on Confluence cloud. This link is important to create since the ability to add a blog post on the mobile site doesn't exist (Create just adds a generic page with no ability to choose a template)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.