I have a SCRUM Board meant to view the current Sprints across an entire department. The goals are the following.
- Display all Issues currently in Sprints from the relevant Projects in the Plan tab of the SCRUM Board.
- Have the Epics on the left side of the board displayed if and only if they have Issues in the active Sprints that are linked to them.
First, I just grabbed the Issues.
project in (many many projects) AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND Sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY Rank
Because Epics aren't embedded in Sprints, this left the Epics out. So I explictly grabbed the Epics.
project in (many many projects) AND (issuetype in standardIssueTypes() OR issuetype = Epic) AND Sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY Rank
This pulled in every single Epic ever made. I then tried to limit the Epic selection, though I knew this was too blunt a tool to deal with the teams' abandoned, unclosed, orphaned, and neglected epics.
project in (many many projects) AND issuetype in standardIssueTypes() AND (Sprint in openSprints() OR (issuetype = Epic AND updated > -6w)) ORDER BY Rank
How do I get only the Epics that are linked to from Issues in the current Sprint?