I know you have to use this format for login but it is not working/
username: <O365 user name>/<shared mailbox name>password: <O365 user password>
Hi Ben,
According to JRASERVER-30688 it should work using the following configuration:
Protocol: SECURE IMAPHost: outlook.office365.comPort: 993
Email address: sharedmailbox@mydomain.com
Username: sharedmailbox@mydomain.comPassword: (sharedmailbox user password)
Hope this helps.
Best,
Maarten
According to the comments in JRASERVER-3088 it may also be necessary to reset the shared mailbox password. I was not able to authenticate from Jira until I had done this.
To reset the password in the Microsoft 365:
I am installing the server version of Jira now and I only have Secure_SMTP and SMTP as my protocol options? Thoughts on how I can get IMAP to get the shared mailbox feature working? Would be awesome.
Thanks
Matt
In the Microsoft Exchange admin panel (shared user > mailbox features) I have only IMAP enabled, and mail from Jira is working with the following settings for outgoing mail:
From address: sharedmailbox@mydomain.com
Protcol: SMTPHost Name: smtp.office365.comSMTP Port: 587Timeout: 10000 (the default)TLS: selected
Username: sharedmailbox@mydomain.comPassword: sharedmailbox user password
Note: To logon to Office365 requires a UPN (User Principle Name) – which for convenience sake, because no normal person would know what the heck that is – Microsoft says to make the UPN the same as the Primary SMTP (email) Address and tell users – login with your email address… that users understand. Our Outlook admin provided a username which we entered into the 'username' field in the Incoming email configuration. What was really needed was the email address. BTW. The failure to login successfully gets a socket timeout so we were blaming the network. All in a days work.
I had the same issue and got resolved after following the advice on this thread. One thing to add. I had DISALLOWED IMAP and POP against all accounts on our O365 tenant by default. So after some trial an error, discovered this and enabled IMAP.
I believe you have to use IMAP as the modern authentication with O365, which would bring up a nice popup box and cater for 2 factor authentication is non existent.
After setup, our team are now able to send an email direct to suppoert@ourcompanydomain.com and the tickets appear in Jira Service Desk correctly. And then replies from within Jira, go back to the end user.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.