Hello All,
I am trying to make some changes on my JIRA project where I have a Customfield (Single select or Free Text Type) and Assignee (system Field). When I create a Bug or Changes Assignee in any Transition, I would be using my Customfield to add the username and I want that username to be auto populate into Assignee field. But, if the username listed in Customfield does not exist as an active user in JIRA project, set the Assignee to Automatic or Unassigned. Where as if the username listed in Customfield exist as an active JIRA project user, copy that username from Custom field to the Assignee field.
How do I do this?
I tried to do this in Post function via "Copy value" function. It works only when the username listed in Customfield is an active jira project user. If the user listed in Customfield is no active jira project user, I get error message "Error creating issue: Unable to copy value from field '<customfield> to 'Assignee''".