Hi,
I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.9.2) using SourceTree 1.8.1. I make my initial local commits using Eclipse 3.8.2 with the Eclipse EGit plugin. Then I push those upstream using SourceTree.
I have several repos that, even though I am the only developer working on them, almost every time I go to push my commit changes upstream, SourceTree tells me that I have 1 new commit to pull first. Why does that happen?
When I do the pull, it almost always says "Already up to date. Merge completed by recursive strategy."
On a similar vein, if I have a file that I make edits to AND rename the file, all before committing the file, the same thing happens (1 new commit to pull), except I almost always get a merge conflict. In this case, it seems like Git or ST get confused, and try to make me pull down the "missing" file, that I am about to delete/rename with my next commit. I usually just "resolve the conflict using Mine", commit the change, then I can push my changes.
Could I be doing something better to avoid these issues? And I'd really like to know where / why the mystery pull happens for just a set of changes.