Use case:
Issue Type A has a Force Close transition (from any status). I have a screen with Resolution on this transition so I don't close it without a resolution chosen.
Issue Type B also has an identical Force Close transition. Also, Issue Type B has an additional post-function to Transition Linked Issues through their own Force Close.
Basically Issue Type B has many Issue Type A linked to it through a specific link. When I close Issue Type B, I want all Issue Types A to also be closed with it. Every Issue Type A can also be Force Closed on its own, as long as a resolution is set.
My attempt is 2 post-functions in order:
First: Copy Resolution to Linked Issues (works)
Then: Transition Linked Issues (doesn't work)
The only way I managed to make this work is if I remove Resolution from the Force Close screen on Issue Type A. The fact that this field is system mandatory seems to block the transition, even if a Resolution is already set.
I've also seen online that I can't change how Resolution works because it's a system field.
Any ideas how I can make this work?