As a product owner I prefer using kanban instead of scrum. And the question is what is the best workflow to manage tasks and then release the version when using kanban in Greenhopper.
At the moment:
There is a backlog where all requirements/ideas are collected. And a swimline(s) configured to show versions (Eg. v1.3 v1.4 etc).
When I process the backlog I put the version (in the field fixVersion) where it goes so it displays within swimline. When all issues are processed and resolved. I click release version and there I have to put the version. And I want to close the issues with the same version name (Eg. v1.3) but it pops that such version already exists. And I have to choose the other name. What to do in this case?
What is your workflow of processing the most important tasks and then releasing a version (within greenhopper, using rapid board).
Thanks