Hi, I'm new to project management and perhaps my approach is wrong. First some facts:
- We have a small team
- We have multiple Projects and their corresponding upcoming Major versions are planned to a certain date in Jira
- Every team member works on several (2 to 4) projects
What I want to achieve is the following:
- Plan Tasks in Jira for a certain project version (Where can I set a task to be planned for a certain version)?
- Assign Team working hours to the project, i.e. One guy working 30% on Project A, 60 Percent on Project B, 10% organizing himself, the other 20% on both A, 20% on B and 50% on Project C.
Now I want to have Jira or Greenhopper tell me based on the Estimates for each taks and the percentage of developer capacity assigned to a given project if the date that is planned for the given version is realistic or if I need to assign more time of a developer to a certain project.
Is this possible? Is this a wrong approach? What would be the solution most near to that? Thanks.