Hi!
I can not find an exact answer to my problem hence I ask this question.
The company have decided to move from a linux environment to a windows server 2016 environment and I have to see to that we get both JIRA and CONFLUENCE to work in that new environment. Ican set it up and it works. Have created an empty database with our postgreSQL manager and connected JIRA (first application) to it.
The question is, how do I get all the data we have got in our linux JIRA environment into this physically new server? I have got both the XML backup of the database. I ave got backups of the attachments and index directories and on top of that, I have also got the native postgres backup available.
What happens with paths? Slash instead of backslash for instance?
I also installed a newer version of the postgreSQL. It appears to store data regarding the version in the XML-backup. What happens if that data is overwritten?
Regards
-- Kent Granstrom