When I'm on the planning board for a particular iteration in progess, I noticed that the TO DO count seems to always be 0 and the In progress count seems to include the "Open" issues. Why is this. I would have thought, the "Open" issues would be counted as "TO DO" and the "In Progresss" issues would be considered "In progress".
Now, to be clear, I have a custom workflow so I'm not sure if there's something I did to break this. I actually renamed the "In Progress" status to "In Play". I'm not sure that makes a difference.
I also ran another interesting test. I put the "Greenhopper Project Progress" gadget on my dashboard and it too has this seemingly inflated number for "In Progress". I clicked on the bar and it brought me to the issue navigator. The JQL for "In progress" contained this: (status = "In Play" OR status = "Pending QA" OR status = Open OR status = "In Test")
I also tried this for TO DO, and the JQL contained this: status in (Reopened, Returned, Deferred)
After seeing the TO DO JQL, I'm wondering if this is by design.
Any insight would be appreciated.