I wonder if there is the option to configure so that all sub-tasks are opened automatically if the pending parent is rejected.
Hi Michely,
default option in JIRA don't have this post-function, but i found some plugin that helping you in this case:
http://minyaa.com/documentation/3.1/Features/ModuleWorkflows/WorkflowFunctions/TransitionSubtasksFunction.html
Thanks.
Your solution may look like this: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/TR/Autotransitioning+subtasks
Did you try the plugin i mentioned?
I installed the plugin, enter the script but did not work = /
Have not seen any plugin that has recommended. In my Jira not appear to Post-function: "Transition subtasks" !!!
Posted 2 days ago a answer to you:
"Hi Michely,
Thanks."
I read anteriorly, but not found citing no plugin to install.
The option in the Post-function does not exist for me, "Transition subtasks"!
Do you understand?
Could you show us the script you used? On which transition did you add the post-function? Are there any exceptions in the logs?
this is the plugin: http://minyaa.com/documentation/3.1/Installation/Compatibilities.html
and this plugin will enable the post-function that i mentioned.
I installed the plugin, but other options appeared in the Post Functions.
See the attached image!
Oh Thank you! I will wait ...
I had a plugin that does exactly what you are looking for. Give me a few hours I will see if I can find it.
Sorry Michely. What I have was only to set the resolution of the subtasks. But I do remember what we did so here are a few points I can share with you. If this suits your needs, you can let me know and I can help you out with some code pointers.
Our goal was to resolve the sub-task as Won't fix whenever a parent issue was Rejected. You cannot simply update the sub-task status to "Closed" or any state you like as you have to go through a workflow transition using IssueService.
So we made a Resolved transition available in each of our steps of our sub-task workflow.
We could then write a plugin to transition the sub-tasks through "Resolved" transition and set the resolution to "Won't fix".
Did that make sense? So basically, each step in your sub-task workflow should have a "Resolved" status or a "Reject" status so when your parent sub-task is rejected, the sub-task no matter in which state it is in, will have the "Resolved" or "Reject" transition available and we can use IssueService to move it through that transition using some code.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.