The login page seems to pull gadgets from the System Dashboard, and I'm fine with having gadgets there like the Introduction gadget. However I'd like to have an internal dashboard and an external dashboard so things that are only relevant to people after they've logged in are not shown on the login page.
As it stands it seems like the login page grabs two gadgets from the left column of the System Dashboard to display. I enabled and added the Text gadget and removed the Introduction gadget in the left column and the login page showed the Text gadget, which I only wanted internally. I then added the Custom Content gadget (set to a webpage) below the Text gadget and that also showed up on the homepage.
When I re-added the Introduction gadget above the Text gadget the login page strangely showed only the Introduction gadget and the Custom Content gadget, skipping over the Text gadget.
If I cannot manage the login dashboard's borrowing of the System Dashboard, is there a way to set a default non-System dashboard for all users?
(I know I can just create a non-System dashboard and share it with everyone and just have them select it but they'd be unlikely to bother.)