Depends - can it talk to JIRA over REST? What does it do, and what do you want from it?
Its a data analytics software similar to tableau.
Well, I knew that really, but my point is more about what you want from it, and how you propose to connect it to JIRA.
I wan to be able to pull the data from jira into building more robust dashboard with Jira and also to create reports through Power Bi
I also cannot get the template to work. I am getting the following message.
GetIssuesOLE DB- of ODBC-error: [DataSource.Error] Web.Contents kan de inhoud niet ophalen van 'https://nameprojectof.myorganisation.local/rest/api/2/search?maxResults=500&startAt=0' (404): Not Found.
Is it possible that this template does not work for on-premises instalations?
It is working for On premises installations as well. Can you check that REST is enabled for your JIRA?
Not sure if I can jump on this thread or not (but will try anyway) I can't get the template to work, I'm at the Connect to JIRA step.
I've entered the URL and used Authentication method Windows but get the following error: Failed to update data source credentials
Any ideas what I need to do/check?
Thanks
Hi Tjitse,
I think the JQL parameter is missing...
The REST API will return status 400 when there is a problem with the JQL query and 403 when the user doesn't have permission to search.
It wouldn't surprise me if Power BI/ODBC/OLE would say that any 4xx status is 404.
Has anyone had success with getting data related to a specific project in Jira?
Hi Monica,
Yes - I was able to make Power BI to run a custom search/query on JIRA and parse its results. In our case, we were required to create a Power BI page with indicators about worklog data.
Is it similar to your needs ?
How familiar are you with Power Bi (create/edit a query on advanced query editor) ?
Regards,
Tiago.
Hi Tiago,
Thank you for your reply. I was able to edit the query using advanced editor to increase the number of rows returned. I am looking to query for only our projects data. The organization I work for has many departments that use Jira and they each have their own Project.
Do you know how one would add a project key parameter?
Thank you!
Hi @Monica Labrador,
On this post I showed how to make Power BI query JIRA using a JQL search.
What you could do is to change the JQL from "assignee = currentUser()" to something like "projects in (projectA, projectB, ...)"
Hope it helps
Stuart, was this issue ever resolved? wondering what solutions you found if so? Thanks
Hi,
AIO Power BI Connector for Jira app can be used to easily export Jira data into PowerBI and create the dashboards.
It is the #1 selling Power BI connector for Jira on the marketplace and is used by thousands of organizations world wide, including several fortune 500 companies.
It is available for all the three platforms Cloud/Server/Data Center.
If you would like us to provide some samples or have any questions, please feel free to email us at support@aioreports.com or submit a ticket at https://support.aioreports.com
Link to marketplace app page: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219072/aio-power-bi-connector-for-jira
Documentation link: https://aioreports.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/APBCFJ/overview
Support: https://support.aioreports.com
Regards
AIO Support
Did you end up getting this to work? I have API connectivity to Excel if that helps. See my comment at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Fetch-data-from-JIRA-to-excel/qaq-p/198786
Hello, I try to find out how to connect Jira cloud within Power BI desktop. So far, i didn't find any .pbix templates. Any ideas?
Hi @Cyrille Arnold
Try checking this thread
Hi Support team,
I tried but this is not working. Is there other ways to pull the DATA from JIRA to Power BI? I tried to get JIRA content pack in Power BI but the screen freezing after i enter the JIRA link and Basic Credential. I have attached a screenshot below...not sure what I am doing wrong. Appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance
The problem that you have reported seems to be originating from Power BI Jira Content Pack.
Please try AIO Power BI Connector for Jira App available on the marketplace here:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219072/aio-power-bi-connector-for-jira
It is available for Jira cloud, server and data center versions. In case of any issues please feel free to reach out at support@aioreports.com
Any thoughts on connecting Jira Server with Power BI, this blog indicates its only available for cloud.
You can try our add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219072/aio-power-bi-connector-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
In case of any issues please feel free to email us at support@aioreports.com
Hey @Jen-Qology
Our team released Jira plugin, which allows to create Data Sources for Power BI (with a feature to filter projects and/or fields). Makes life easier for a non-techie https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221150/power-bi-connector-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview
Hi Anton,
One particular user can't view datasources in Power BI plugin for jira if he is part of powerbi groups and rest of power BI group members can see datasources. Could you please help us on this why it is not working for one user?
Suresh
Hello @SURESH CHINNATHAMBI ,
Thanks for your question. We started to investigate this case and come back to you soon.
Liubov
Hi @Scott Boisvert
We're specializing in creating apps for exporting Jira data to business intelligence platforms like:
Fast & responsive support is here to help you to install and configure the app.
Also please feel free to apply for a discount https://www.alphaservesp.com/blog/up-to-50-off-all-of-our-add-ons-at-the-atlassian-marketplace/
Best regards,Anton.
Hi @Asif Mahmud
Hi @SURESH CHINNATHAMBI
Thanks for contacting us via Support channel. I'll make sure your setup is running smoothly.
Anton
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.