I was wondering if JIRA service desk is only suited for IT help desks or it can also be configured to use in for example a facility management scenario service desk?
for example:
Tx!
Hi Rutger,
You could use Jira Service Desk for this purpose.
You can indeed configure the SLA's and even work with different ones.
You can configure the workflow just like any other workflow in Jira.
You can have real time reporting on SLA response times.
You might be able to great the fines automatically, but for that I'm not sure. You can report on issues that have an overdue SLA so you can easily see who will need to be fined.
I don't know exactly about the localized UI, but there are several translation packages available for JIRA so I don't think it would be that big a problem to create on for Service Desk.
Best regards,
Peter
PS: And localized UI?
TX! some more questions:
tx again ;-)
Jira supports "turn incoming mail into issues" which could then land in the Service Desk as well.
Similarly, Jira has a remote API. I've not actually looked into a remote API for Service Desk explicitly, but you could at least use the Jira part of it, and I suspect Service Desk would add more.
Also, for what it's worth, I know of two organisations who are already using service desk for non-IT stuff. One is doing facilities management, the other is using it for job scheduling in paper work tasks.
Nic said it perfectly
Do keep in mind that issues created by mail don't become available in the Service Desk Customer portal for follow up.
TX guys!
tried to find some more information on setting up "" for JIRA service desk. Is this still the way to go?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email
about: "Do keep in mind that issues created by mail don't become available in the Service Desk Customer portal for follow up."
What does this mean exactly?
TX
PS: should'nt email support be a default feature in service desk software? ;-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.