I'm hoping this is something simple, but I am having difficulty getting a simple "push" to work with these two SourceTree Bitbucket tutorials:https://bitbucket.org/tutorials/sourcetree-starter-b/srcandhttps://bitbucket.org/tutorials/bucket-o-sand
I get the message: "fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://ahm126@bitbucket.org/tutorials/bucket-o-sand.git/'
I am able to push to private repositories I have set up, just not to the tutorial ones. I'd like to get this working for a class I am teaching...
Thanks,
Andrew
If you don't get a helpful answer here (from the community), try emailing support@bitbucket.org. If you are supposed to be able to push to that repo, they'd be able to diagnose your problem.
You'll need to fork the repo first.
John, Can you elaborate, please? The tutorial says nothing about creating a fork of the repository prior to pushing to the tutorial repository. This would be in the bucket-o-sand repository (https://bitbucket.org/tutorials/bucket-o-sand) at this location in the tutorial ("Make a commit and push a change"). If it is required to fork the repo, the tutorial text needs to be updated, I think. Thanks
I'll check with the author and find out what the scoop is. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
I did just now attempt to fork the bucket-o-sand repository (URL referenced above) and then cloned using SourceTree. I made a change, commit and push, but get the same error message (see attached image).
Thanks for your assistance in attempting to figure this out!
bucket-o-sand_errormessage.png
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.