I'm really struggling here.
First some notes on the setup:
It's the standalone version of JIRA Service Desk (v3.1.9, core v7.3.4 ) with licensed for 3 Agents.
There is not and there won't be a login for customers. As of now issues are created via e-mail. The mails are fetched by an e-mail handler.
The 3 agents are members of the jira-service-desk group and jira-administrators.
New issues are created with the admin user as creator of the issue. This is what I want to change. If the first issue of a customers is created with the admin as the creator of the issue, it is okay. The second should be created with the user of the customer. This user is created manually(without invitation).
The problem I have here is that, if I want a mail, a user has written to be fetched from the mailbox, this user must be a member of a group, that has access to the jira service desk application. This user counts towards the agents (therefore needs a license upgrade). Even though the user's project role is only customer. Btw. the fetched mail would create an issue in the right project. So this works.
But it is advertised that for customers there are no further costs.
So my question is: How do I have to setup the users' permissions, groups, roles, etc. to have a customer write an e-mail with his user account as the creator without having to upgrading to a unlimited user license, which certainly is no option - moneywise.
Thanks in advance
Sebastian