I have an on-site install of Jira 7.0.11 which I need to update. To get to 7.28 (the one with the most plugin compatibility) I'll need to clear the SSL error I'm getting.
Jira says Java doesn’t trust the SSL certificate I'm using, which was issued by GoDaddy. I ran the test on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/health-check-jira-base-url-859447384.html and I get the error "PKIX path building failed" mentioned on https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-779355358.html which tells me I need to add a certificate.
The page didn't really make it clear to me how I do that so I decided to opt for the possibly simpler option of using the SSL for Jira plugin but when I try to use that I get the error in the title - class javax.net.ssl.SSLException during connection to jira and the file the plugin claims to have created isn't there.
The error message sounds like it's realted to the problem I'm having, so there's some consistency at least but I'm not sure how to proceed.
Any helpful suggestions gratefully received.