I've created a project that doesn't need a summary field so I would like to have Summary autopopulated with something generic for all issues. I've researched some and cannot find a difinitive answer for JIRA Cloud.
Is this possible?
Thanks,Davina
Hi Davina, you can achieve that by using a post function in the 'create' transition. You can read more about this at Using a post function to set a field.
I hope this helps!
Cheers,
Ana
Create goes to my next step. Not seeing where you would place this post function. Summary is a required field on the initial Create screen.
Can you elaborate?
Any additional information available?
I have the same question. And there is no pre-function so since the summary is required, it cannot be set in the post function. Is there another way?
You'd have to run a script at creation time. I believe the cloud now has scripting. Just curious, if you don't use the summary field how do you identify the issue?
That's the same thing I asked my user owner. We are replacing SyncNotes with JIRA. They will use it to manage requests for loan equipment. However, there is a dropdown list to manage what equipment they are loaning.
I have an on-premise instance of JIRA, not cloud. And all the scripting I've seen requires additional $. I do not want to invest for this one small function. Just curious if there is a way to do it at creation time.
Thanks for your reply.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.