For us, an issue isn't Done until it's passed QA, and QA likes to validate an issue in production before they mark it as Done. This leads to sprint burndown charts that plateau until the end of the sprint, then resolve all at once. And it means the development team doesn't have a simple visual sense of how they're progressing towards the sprint goal.
I think Burndown keys off the last column in the agile board, right? Only when an item is Resolved does it affect the burndown. And philosophically at least, I think this is correct for our culture: we want everyone thinking that an item isn't really done until it passes QA.
But at the same time, I'd love to have a burndown that actually burns. Our current system could be hiding information from us: I don't think there's an easy way to track how regularly the development team is moving items from InProgress to InQA, and we'd all like to know that.
Is there a way to track status changes? If we start tracking Time Spent will the Burndown Chart show progress towards a sprint goal? Is there a better/different report I should be using?
Thanks so much! I've spent 2 hours reading in the forum here and learned a ton, but figured I'd ask my question straight out.