We are evaluating Confluence as an option for our product support site - I have used confluence for quite a while for several development projects and think it is the perfect match for what we want. So we installed confluence 4.1 into a VM in our Data Center - instantly the CPU spiked to 200% on a Dual-Proc VM with 8g of RAM O_o
Response times render it completely unusable, up to 30 seconds to load a page sometimes! I read somewhere that this may be an affect running confluence within a VM - however, I have been running a 3.5 instance in a VM with less resources (1 Proc, 4g RAM) for a year with no slowness whatsoever.
Anyone had similar expereinces or have recommendations. For the interim I am installing 3.5 in hopes that it will run at least as fast as my other instance - but I really would like to run on the latest.