Hi all,
For those that didn't noticed Atlassian announced that we are moving from current Atlassian Answers to Confluence Questions. Finally, I am very happy that this is announced before the actual change, so we can prepare for this transition.
I have a feeling that this is a good move however as in every transitions we are loosing some stuff. FAQ describe what we will loose (for now). One thing is good... we will gain Confluence Editor, but bad (looking at the list) in my opinion that we are loosing favorite questions...
FAQ ends with a "Have another question?".. Yes, I have! (below)
- How Confluence Questions will handle moderators, admins, converting/closing questions and so on.. ? Currently you will need to gain some karma to have more priviliges.
- Will the current karma points reamain on the same level and for the same actions?
- How Confluence Questions will deal with Spam?
- Will we also see a tabbed view of our activity/questions/answers/ ... (in our profile)?
- Are there still be a reaminder when a question is open?
- I assume that topics will be used instead of labels. Will we be still able to create our own topics like currently labels?
- Will we be able to add comments to new answers or only answers?
- How answers will show up? Will there be still an annoying pagination? Will we be able to finally choose the view (by date or by votes)?
- Is there still gone a be a integration between support.atlassian.comand answers?
- Will we be able to still use RSS feature?
- If I cannot mark question as a favorite, how I be able to quickly find an questions that was having a important answer to me that might be useful to me in the future?
- Will there be a beta instance that we can use to playaround before there will be an actual decision to go live?
I would like to know what do you think about this change? Do you have any feature that you would like to have in the new Confluence Questions?
Floor is open...