I get this message when I click on the timebar and try to change the value.
You need to edit your issue, click on "where is my field" and then search for the field "Timetracking".
Add this field to the edit screen and the permissions are correct so that epicSumUp can save the values
I'm getting the same error message while using JIRA Cloud Rest API. Any thoughts how to solve it?
Do you have the field on your edit screen?
No, I don't. I know I have to add this field to my screen. However, here is something interesting from the JIRA Cloup API documentation:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api-api-2-screens-get
Apps are not allowed to access this REST end point to retrieve all screens however, Apps can modify screens. The most confusing case here is that to modify screen via API I have to provide screenId, but I don't have screenId because apps are not allowed to retrieve them.
I've found that theoretically I can add a field to screen by using Update Issue endpoint:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/#api-api-2-issue-issueIdOrKey-put
To do that I have to pass query string parameter overrideScreenSecurity=true. This parameter allows update of the fields that are hidden from the issue’s Edit screen. Only Connect add-on users with admin scope permission are allowed to use this flag. And I do have admin flag in my add-on. Nevertheless, when I include overrideScreenSecurity to my request I'm getting 401 - Not Authorized.
To put it in a nutshell, to create an issue with time tracking via Cloud API I have to send at least two requests: first to create an issue, second to update timetracking field, which is doesn't work
Do you think you can help me that?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.