The workflow my team and I are currently using goes as follows: Open > In Progress > Testing > Committed > Released
This has worked for while the work we were doing was relatively simple and all committed work could be release at the end of a sprint. However what we are finding now is that as our work grows in complexity, we cannot always release every Improvement described in a sprint because it may be dependent on another issue in a later sprint.
This means that in order to close a sprint, we are now having to move all of the un-released issues to the next sprint which is messing up our tracking.
I have considered changing the workflow so that issues are resolved at the Committed stage, all work on that specific item effectively being complete, but then I'd lose track of which issues have or haven't actually been released.
Is there a way in JIRA to display, log, or somehow keep track of whether issues have been released or not outside the in-sprint workflow?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!