How to remove jira service desk portal - from all portals page.
I did deleted the project, But it lists on the portal page?
It means that i have three service desk portals and i want to remove one from customer end
You can disable a service desk portal from the associated JIRA project's administration > Service Desk page.
Thanks Jobin for your answer, Unfortunately i don't find that option for that particular project 'Welcome to Service Desk'. I think that's the default came after installing Service Desk.
Thanks Jobin.. Found that option after adding myself to the admin role ..
Jijo, can you please post how you removed the "Welcome to Service Desk" link from the https://YOUJIRAINSTANCE/servicedesk/customer/portals page? I can't find a project called "Welcome to Service Desk".
One does not delete a "service desk" from their Cloud instance; one deletes the project that has a Service Desk associated with it. I'd say it's not obvious that adding JIRA Service Desk to a Cloud instance implicitly creates a project called "My First Service Desk". Navigate to https://YOURINSTANCE/secure/project/ViewProjects.jspa and you'll see "My First Service Desk." Click on that project then delete it from the project config page.
Hi,
I know this is an old thread, but I have not find any other place with information like this.
I've been investigating this issue because I have some test JSD projects I don't want to be shown in the portal and the only way I've found to achieve this is keeping only me in the project roles and eliminating the permissions to "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access".
I presume all this is not necessary, maybe if you fine tune this two configurations screens - permissions and roles in the project- your needs are met.
Hello Eduardo,
I did this, as well, and it worked great!
Thanks for the suggestion. Removed the "Portal Access" for the Projects that are not currently in use.
Regards,
Hey Eduardo,
I just removed "Service desk customer - portal access" from having Create Issues right and that that disabled the portal of this specific project from appearing from the portal's page for customers.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Hey there,
I can confirm Zoran's approach! As an admin though, you might still be able to see it. I let one of my non-admin colleagues go to the portal and the projects that I wanted to have removed were not visible.
Thank you for the help guys! Very helpful indeed!
My experience. We run Jira Server and JSD.
I have an admin account. I created a non-admin test account for myself so that I could use a private web browser instance to see what a non-admin would see. For what follows, I am logged into both accounts at the same time in different browser sessions.
In the administrator session, I go to Issues -> Permission Schemes and select my project's scheme. Under Browse Projects, I remove "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access".
Returning to the "user" session, if I refresh the portal screen, the project has been removed from the choices in Help Center.
In the admin session, Help Center still shows the project.
We at first were doing the same and that works but all Service Desk agents will get an error message saying that there are some permission errors.
It confused some people so we decided to leave the "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" in the permissions. There must be a smoother solution to this.
All the best,Jousef
Hi! I did this as well (we're on Server). I got one desk hidden and 3 other that are still visible. All four desks are on the same permission scheme, "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" does not have any permissions to any of those desks.
Ideas?
Hi Cailin, does the user you are testing have the same role assignement in all the projects? Did you test it on the Permission Helper?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.