We are already using JIRA OnDemand since long. Have been exploring few ticketing systems (till now Zendesk coming out as a winner).
But seeing Service Desk, we surely like to explore and subscribe to it - as then we would have single system managing all our data, which would be an ease to us as well.
What I have till now is arranged and published a custom workflow; have set an email ID which would receive emails from our clients and move it to Service Desk, etc. But finding some limitations:
Below is flow I wish to get working.
Our Client -------> OurSupport_EmailID --------> ServiceDesk
1) When I set an Outlook rule of 'Redirect' to jira@mycompany.net - it does NOT work (works fine in Zendesk though)
But when I set a rule of 'Forward' it works fine, but with an added 'FW: ' in summary/title.
2) Reporter here is always a default value I have set. (I thing if re-direct in above case worked this would have been bit better - for atleast email ID thats known to JIRA)
3) No Export option of tickets. As not all reports you provide are in way we want, having an export to csv facility would work in this case.
4) I want to have Un-assigned tickets. But then this is again limitation, atleast still in JIRA OnDemand 6.1.
5) Product is still at layman stage, having an insight of what all is planned ahead will atleast help us decide on which one to finalize.
Cheers,
Manish