Hi,
I had a 6.4.2 JIRA server installed on a cloud ubuntu machine.
I wanted to tr y JIRA software for my agile work.
So I downloaded the correct bin atlassian-jira-software-7.0.5-jira-7.0.5-x64.bin for trial usage, backup my jira, and installed the new bin.
It asked me to enter a key or to continue in evaluation mode. I chose the evaluation mode. It asked me to restart my server. I did.
Now I get a JIRA access problem. When I check the log, I see the below message.
Can I use the JIRA software tool using the 30 days trial? If not, how can I test it?
Can I roleback to the previous JIRA installation?
2015-12-27 20:42:19,448 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [c.a.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Unable to start JIRA.
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.core.AtlassianCoreException: Error messages:
Errors:
Import error:
UPGRADE_EXCEPTION - The following licenses are too old to install this version of JIRA (7.0.5): JIRA Software. The licenses for this instance only grant access to versions of JIRA created before 03 Sep 2015 14:00.
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.importAndContinue(EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.java:139)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.start(EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.java:57)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$postDbLaunch$473(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:136)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$$Lambda$14/1870958494.run(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:298)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:194)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:120)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$start$471(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:89)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$$Lambda$1/2007010300.run(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:31)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:87)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:79)
... 5 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.atlassian.core.AtlassianCoreException: Error messages:
Errors:
Import error:
UPGRADE_EXCEPTION - The following licenses are too old to install this version of JIRA (7.0.5): JIRA Software. The licenses for this instance only grant access to versions of JIRA created before 03 Sep 2015 14:00.
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.importAndContinue(EmbeddedDatabaseMigrator.java:138)