I'm using Jira 6.2.5 with Jira Agile 6.4.0.6
When trying to rank issues on a kanban or scrum board, I receive the error below. This occurs on all issues and all boards.
"JIRA Agile cannot execute the rank operation at this time. Other users may be ranking the issues that you are trying to rank. Please try again later."
I found an article that suggested turning on validation-query in the ocnfiguration file and also checking database table AO_60DB71_ISSUERANKINGLOG for any unprocessed records. Neither of these 2 suggestions resolved the issue.
There is nothing written to any log file when this occurs.
I can't say for sure if this is what caused the problem or not, but it looks like the upgrade from Jira Agile v6.3.13.1 to v6.4.0.6 performed some upgrade tasks migrating the original Rank field to something called a LexoRank field.
"Starting upgrade task (buildNumber=44) : Migrate to LexoRank field"
Has anyone else encountered this and have a solution?
Thanks,
Doug