We have Jira 4.3.4 running GreenHopper 5.6.8. We are using the GH Rank property to assign ranks to the issues in our sytem.
In our setup, I would like to be able to modify the GreenHopper Rank of an issue based on the rank value that is assigned to a different issue.
For example, as a side effect of changing the Rank on Issue#1 to 100, I would like to have Issue#2's rank changed to 101.
I have been looking through the API and have found a way to read the GH Rank using the Groovy script getCustomField function.
What I see in the returned rank value is not the absolute value of the Rank as seen in the GUI, but some very large number. I don't want to attempt to set the rank value because I'm not sure what relative value should be used.
So, my questions are:
1) Does anyone know how to translate the rank DB value to the value seen in the GUI?
2) Is there a better API for retrieving the Rank value?
3) Is there an API that allows us to modify the Rank value?