This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Adding request participants
It seems no matter how certain I am that everything is set up properly I cannot see the Request Participants field in any Create screen. The field finder tells me I SHOULD see it, but it's not there. The screen and screen scheme says it's there, but it's not. It shows up AFTER the issue is created but not ON CREATE.
Can someone help with this, because I'm unable to imagine what I'm missing? Is there some restriction that would prevent an administrator from creating a support issue for someone manually that DOES NOT require creating THEN adding the participant after creation? Because that is a bunch of extra steps that should be avoided.
Thanks. I'm kinda lost.
Hi Chris Purser,
I'm back. ^^ Steven Behnke is right. This is currently not possible. The functionality of adding a participant is only available after an issue's creation. However, there is a feature request on that, as you can see HERE.
Regards,
Lameck.
Cris, I will looking for a little and I will comeback here.
You're trying to add this to the Customer Portal or the JIRA Form?
This is an open feature request – https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-1511
Hi @Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com] and @Lameck Oliveira [Diferencial TI] and thanks for the help.
I was trying to do it one of several ways during my investigation. We have Sales using Zoho CRM. In the past, for customer "builds" if you will, we generated service tickets the Sales team could be attached to. Using a JIRA Issue is WAY too technical for this sales team. So with Service Desk and having them use the portal like a customer, it's a great way for them to keep track of their 'builds.' While, in the meantime, the 'build' team works directly from JIRA issues. - So from Zoho, through Zapier (for the time being) we generate a JIRA issue for the build team (works great) and would LOVE to, in that same effort, create a SD issue that has the request participant of the Sales Rep. This is the purpose. ...for us.
I'll follow that issue. Thanks for that. I'm glad it's not just me. It's usually just me that wants the things I want. haha.
Best...
Er well if you're using Zapier via API you could just hit the issue with with an issue_update immediately when you get the 201 with your key? Or can Zapier not do that?
You'll know the issue at that point at least.
Thanks for the suggestion, but Zapier doesn't seem to work that way. It shows us the fields in JIRA that it's been provided for filling. Since the RP field isn't available in JSD on create, I guess it's not provided to Zapier to display to us either. It's a 'formula' builder UI that can't be manhandled, so much. I'm still looking for a workaround. If I find one, I'll post it here. There were some hopeful threads in the open issue you mentioned earlier.
Yes, the workaround to copy the values from one custom field into the Request Participants field seemed promising, even for your use-case. When you're creating issues via API, you can only provide fields that are on the Create Screen. Zapier probably does this by asking JIRA for the Project/Issue Type metadata, which includes the fields on the create screen. This way it accomplishes it programmatically.
A thought –
Hi @Chris Purser,
you could use the Collective Issue View for Service Desk Plugin. I you have not already, create a JIRA group for the members of your Sales Team. Add a group custom Field and name it "participant group". Now if you generate an Issue and set one of the Sales Team member as reporter the field participants will be filled with all the members of the Sales Team group.
The request participants field cannot be added to the portal. There is a suggestion for adding Request Participants field to the Create screen or Request types in portal : JSDSERVER-1511.
As alternative to this, there is a workaround to achieve this, as follows:
Thanks,Karan
All, You can just add this as a post function on the create stage. Use the "Update Custom Field" post function, make sure it's after the indexing function, and use their usernames in the field. If it is more than 2, separate them with a comma. Just got this working.
What I did is that I added "Watcher Field" in portal, then i use a post function in "Create" from Jira Misc Workflow called " Update parameters of the Copy value from field to field "
I will also suggest that create another transition for example from "Open to Open". Name it like "Set Values" use Script Runner to do a fast tract transition after create.
Sometimes create post functions also fails so i would recommend to to in this way.
Cheers,
Ege Su
So what I created was a new custom field for multiple user for the customer portal. Created an automation within the project for when an issue is created to update a field and copy over the information from my custom field to participants. voila!
You can also set an automation when the field is edited it can update the participants too that way if new people are added after creation and send emails to them.
:-)
Hello Omar.
¿Can I ask how did you created an automation within the project for when an issue is created to update a field and copy over?
DId you need an addon like the other users?
No add-on. It's part of the automation tab in the project. We are on jira cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.