Context: Only seems to happen for issues originating from our Service Desk Customer Portal (not when created directly in JIRA).
Problem: I created an issue through our Service Desk Customer Portal. I am the Reporter. It initially gets assigned to our support analyst, but that user then assigned the issue to me after asking a question. I did not receive an email notification that the issue had been assigned to me. To be clear, we are using the "Assign" button to assign issues. I received 1 notification that he had commented on my issue. But no additional email arrived when he later Assigned it to me.
Supporting Information:
1. The Assign Event is set up correctly in my Notification Scheme for Reporter, Assignee and Watchers
NotificationSchemeSettings.png
2. The Notification Helper is telling me I should be receiving an email for the assignment that is happening.
JiraNotificationHelper.png
3. I am not trying to assign this to myself, another agent is assigning my issue back to me. I have tried changing my user settings to "Notify Me" of Changes, but that did not help either.
JiraNotifyMeSettings.png
4. My mail queue is clear, so that particular notification is not getting stuck on the way out. They just aren't being generated.
5. My email program is working fine, nothing is going into junk. I get all the other JIRA notifications, including assignment notifications (just not in this particular case).
6. Again, this seems specific to issues created through the Service Desk Portal. If I create an issue in this project while logged into JIRA, then have my analyst go in and assign it to me, I get the email notification as expected. I could not find anything in the Service Desk settings that would seem to prevent the email from going out in this case (Reporter=Assignee)