How can I get rid of the [JIRA] prefix in the Subject line? I looked at the email templates and it is not there. Where does it come from? Thanks in advance.
In the Admin section for Mail Servers <http://your.jira.url/secure/admin/ViewMailServers.jspa>, you specify what the Prefix should be. I'm assuming you can leave it blank, to have no prefix.
-Cory
oops, guess someone already posted while I was typing...
It is on the Administration->Mail Server configuration.
SMTP Mail Server
Default SMTP Server
Prefix => Leave Blank
Thank you both. Seems kinda obvious now. The problem is that the Prefix is a required field.
You can put a single space on the line and it will allow you to save it.
I tried that and it still compains that the field is empty. I am using 4.3.3 maybe that is true in other versions.
FYI https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-21888
My answer on the same question in another threadIn short: use alt-255 space symbol instead of regular "space" (alt-32)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.