I tried to create a JIRA user, but found that their email address was already in JIRA because they were a Service Desk customer. I cannot add them as a new JIRA user now, nor can I figure out how to change their account to a user account to give access to JIRA items.
Any help is appreciated.
--- Edit ---
Here's a screenshot. The buttons to add a group and to set them as a JIRA or Confluence user are disabled.
2015-02-19_16h53_27.png
Thanks, but the Add group button is disabled. See the screenshot I just added.
Are you over your user quota?
First, you need to make sure you have the licensing available to add them as a jira-user (as they will take up a license).
In Cloud, you will need to delete them as a Customer (or alter their email address, the system won't let you use the email address twice), and then actually create them as a User. They cannot be converted or moved in the Cloud environment.
Ah, I didn't notice Brad was on Cloud! Thanks.
Thanks for the tip. We do have licenses available. He had issues attached to his account, so I changed his email address. Now, however when I create the new account, it is confusing the two accounts in the UI. Clicking either account in the User Mgt page (Service Desk customer or JIRA user) takes me to his old SD account. I think I need to just contact support at this point to help me see what's going on.
Was this ever resolved? We are having the same issue with some users
No, I don't think it was, though I haven't checked on it in a while.
We can convert a customer to a user by following the procedure below.
Cheers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.