Hi, I have been added to a team by an administrator of that team. I no longer want to be a member of the team. How do I remove myself from the team without contacting the administrator?
Christian, there is a "Leave team" button that can be found on the Team's profile page in Bitbucket. You may have to click the arrow next to "Manage team" to see it. If you don't see either, please come to support with the details and we can help remove you.
The "leave team" button seems to only exist for teams on which I am an administrator.On this team I am an administrator: And when I am not an administrator:If this is correct, is it then on purpose that one is not able to remove himself from a team if he is not an administrator?
This is still a problem.
I cannot leave the team from my past employer, and they still have me as a team member. There's no way for me to leave the team.
Searching a little more I found that if you open this URL (replacing <TeamName> with the name of the team you want to leave), you will be able to leave the team even if you are not an admin.
https://bitbucket.org/account/user/<TeamName>/leave-team/ I did this right now and it worked perfectly.
Still an issue, a really basic and weird issue, actually.A security issue, actually, that can become a problem to some people that by contract should be proactive in disconnect from previous employers networks.
Go to the team's "Members" page and then you'll find the link to leave the team:
https://bitbucket.org/<TEAM_NAME>/profile/members
This only works if you are an administrator of the team.
Hmmm. Really? I didn't think the client would have given me admin access to their team, but too late to check now. I've left the team now! 😂
Yes, sadly, this only works with certain permissions.
Oh God... I'm stuck like everybody here with an old issue from 2014?? Bitbucket guys, I think you need to do some priorities work in your team. I have access to more than 100 repositories from an old client, and I just want to remove myself from there. It's ANNOYING!
Please tell me there's something I can do to remove myself from there... PLEASE!
I came here from Github some years ago and found LOTS of bugs and usability issues across the years. Maybe it's time to reconsider things...
Hello, everyone!
I tryed this url (i'm not administrator) https://bitbucket.org/<TeamName>/profile/members
On the right coner you can see button "Leave Team"
There's no "Leave Team" button if you are just a team member http://nimb.ws/PVFEMt
this is unbelievableSomebody added me to a team that I don't want to participate and now I cannot leave the team
In a new intent to go through this, I tried a solution I found on another forum and... it worked! If you leave a repository that belongs to the team you want to get out, you will be removed from the entire team. After clicking "Leave repository", a message telling that you will also be removed from the group and will lose access to all repositories will appear. That's all.
Edit: Never mind, I finally got the leave-team link to work.
Thanks God someone gave you admin rights then...
Okay, I found the solution, although it is a bit hidden. No, I'm not an administrator of the team. Just click on the bottom-left corner on your home page, on your profile picture ("Your profile and settings"), then click "All workspaces" which brings you to https://bitbucket.org/account/workspaces/, and there you find the button for leaving.
You are my friggin' hero, dude!
I've been scouring the internet, but all solutions were for an old design of the website or just didn't apply to my situation. Thank you for posting!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.