I'm trying to migrate from using the Class Planning Board to the new Rapid Board for scrum. I've run into a few pain points that I would like to describe and maybe someone can suggest ways to deal with them.
1. When doing our iteration planning. We would first determing an available load for each of our members. Then we would use the Jira Version Workload Report to make sure that the number of stories assigned to each user kept each user inline with their availablity for the iteration. I can't seem to do this with the new "sprints". In fact, how does Jira see these sprints. It seems Jira is completely unaware which seems like a bad thing since now this will render a lot of jira reports useless. I'm hoping I'm missing something here.
2. On the "Plan" view the rapid board, I can't seem to customize the card view. I want to see assignments. I realize the true agile teams aren't supposed to assign stories until they are worked on, but that's not the way our team works. Our team members know exactly what each one has committed to at the start of an iteration. How can I do this using the interface?
3. It seems that all the reports are on the current "sprint". What if I want a report on a past or future sprint? How do I do that?
4. Why did you separate versions from sprints? It seems like a bad idea. Versions were working perfectly for us.