Just like the Description and Comments field have it. I added one but it is plain textI want to add a separate field with developers comments.
Have a look at the "field configuration" for the project//issue type. Check that your field's "renderer" is set to something other than "plain text"
THANK YOU !! For some reason, this wasns't easy to find in the documentation
I can't find this setting from the accepted answer. Sorry, I'm new to Jira!
Start with the project settings page and look for "field configuration scheme", you should be able to drill down from there.
Despite this is marked as "Solved", I spent quite a few hours trying to understand how to fix this.
Here is 5 minute video which I have created on how to do this.
https://youtu.be/QCNHPy88iKA
I hope it helps.
Thank you for the great video. It's very clear and informative. I'm trying to have our Jira admin do this in Jira server so my search continues.
Thanks for the helpful video.Does anyone know if "user mention" (@username) works with these custom fields?The option is presented but doesn't seem to work for me.However I can use the old syntax ( [~username] ) so perhaps that is sufficient.
perfect. lifesaver
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.