Hi there,
We have been using JIRA 6.4.5 for many years now. We have many projects, some dorment some active, which all use our own custom workflows. We want to move up to JIRA 7.3 but we don't want to bring everything across, so we thought the best approach would be to leave JIRA 6.4.3 server as is, create a fresh JIRA 7.3 and export/import the most recent projects/stories from JIRA 6.4.3 into JIRA 7.3 that we feel we want to take across and leave the rest in JIRA 6.4.3 as reference only.
Now doing a quick search suggests that you cannot export from an older version of JIRA into a newer version, so I am wondering what your recommended approach would be? We are also simplfying our workflows for JIRA 7.3 so we would also need the ability to map states from our legacy server to the new server.
We are able to create clones as everything runs in a VM so we can get a backup to do a dry run with.
One possible approach I can think of is to upgrade a clone of our legacy JIRA to version 7.3, and then do an export/import into the fresh install of 7.3. Does JIRA natively supporting mapping states or will I need an additonal plugin for this?
If I can avoid having to upgrade a snapshot of the legacy JIRA server that would be preferable, but I don't know if this will be possible.
Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike