It seems that JIRA 7.1 has removed the ability to link an Epic with issues in projects other than the Epic's containing project.
How does one re-enable this feature?
Why would you say that JIRA removed this ability? They have not.
When editing an issue, you can select an epic from the epic link if it is available on your screen scheme.
Bother, can't +1 comments. It's working fine here too.
[I know I am a bit late to this game, but since the topic is open I give it a shot...]It is possible to link epics across projects, but what I am missing is that the auto-complete displays epics from other projects.
Our setup is:
We separate the development based on what development is being shipped together under a specific version. So we have project X which we ship every 3 months, project Y which we ship every month and project Z which we ship on a need-to-ship basis. In many instances we have development that spans 2 or more of these projects, we have therefore opted for a single jira-project for epics. We do not have the epic issue-type in projects X, Y and Z.
P.s.
I appreciate that in other setups it can be annoying to see epics from other projects in the autocomplete. Best would to make it this functionality configurable, preferably not server-wide on/off, but per project on/off or, better, per project list of projects to scan for epics.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.